Total Fitness swimming pools
Swimming is one of the best all round exercises for your body and that’s why each Total Fitness centre has a pool for everyone. There’s our spacious, 25m indoor pool for experienced and mid-level swimmers, along with a dedicated family pool where kids can learn to swim with confidence. You can also relax in our unique hydrotherapy pool.
Access to the pools and the other aquatic facilities are included as standard in the price of your membership. The pools opening times are the same as the Clubs.
Structured swimming lessons are offered through our partners, Water Babies and Becky Adlington SwimStars, with these taking place predominately in our family pool although on occasion these may take place in the main pool too.
Swimming lessons for babies aged 0-3 are provided through Water Babies.
Swimming lessons for children aged 3-11 are provided through Becky Adlington's Swim Stars.
Becky Adlington’s Swim Stars delivers group swimming lessons for children aged 3 to 11 years. Lessons are designed to be fun and inspiring to encourage a lifelong love of swimming. There are never more than 6 children per class, ensuring plenty of attention for each child from their teacher. Our programme is in line with the ASA’s Learn to Swim Framework with additional Swim Star Rewards to encourage and motivate the children. 1 to 1 lessons for children and adults are also available. All lessons are booked directly with Becky Adlington’s Swim Stars.
The main pool is free to use by all competent swimmers and usually has separate lanes for different speed of swimming to accommodate different swimming preferences.
The Poolside guidelines are:
To ensure our pool facilities are safe and enjoyable for all, please adhere to the following:
- Children under 8 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- Children aged 8 – 14 must be supervised by an adult
- All learners must be accompanied with a competent swimmer, unless taking part in a structured swimming lesson
- To use the main pool you must be over 15 years old, unless in a timetabled session
- Swimming caps are NO LONGER compulsory in the main and small pool – but please still remove them for hydrotherapy pool
- Shower before using the pools and enter via the steps only
- Children under 15 are not permitted in the hydrotherapy or heat treatment areas
- Please no outdoor shoes, running, diving, gum chewing, food, glass, shaving or using mobile phones and camera
If the manager feels that your behaviour or actions are inappropriate then you may be asked to leave