Everyone is better Fitter.
At Total Fitness we’re on an exciting journey. Our purpose is at the heart of everything we do, and in the wake of the pandemic; a better, fitter, connected nation has never been more important.
We’re a leading mid-market health club brand with 15 health clubs across the North of England and Wales. For nearly three decades, we’ve had a strong belief that everyone is better fitter, and that belief is now stronger than ever.
We know that true fitness needs variety to keep workouts fresh and engaging, so our large health clubs offer many ways to workout; extensive gym floors, over 70 classes a week, impressive swimming pools, expert personal trainers, and digital content- allowing our members to take us home with them. This workout variety provides our members with a route to 360 fitness that lasts longer than a one-off spin class. The end game? We want our members to be fit, and in turn keep them happy.
Our story starts and ends with people; we’re fast paced, driven and resilient, living and breathing our values every day. We’re dedicated to driving member experience and topline performance; but never forget to support each other and have fun along the way.
Want to know more? Here's a little bit about us:View Vacancies
If you don’t know already, we’re super scale clubs with almost 100,000 members. We attract a wide range of members with memberships for kids to over 65’s, all who have made the important step to commit to their health and fitness. With such big spaces and a broad membership base, we’ve limited the number of personal trainers per club so you have the best chance of success.
We operate with two personal training models. You can join us as an employed personal trainer with all the benefits as a member of staff and a clear progression journey if you are interested in working as a self employed personal trainer once you have your client base established.
Or, you can join us as a partner working with us as a self employed personal trainer with access to our members and a competitive rent.
Employed Personal Trainer benefits:
- Up to 8 months of paid gym floor hours for you to build up your Personal Training business
- We will never charge you rent whilst you're an employed Personal Trainer
- We limit the number of trainers per site to give you the best chance for success
- Industry leading pay for delivery of personal training sessions as an employed Personal Trainer
- Training and development opportunities, with support from your Fitness Experience Manager that will enable you to advance as far as your talent and determination will take you
- 28 days holiday including public/bank holidays
- Free gym membership with a plus one and 2 discounted memberships for family members or friends
- Workplace pension scheme
- Discount on retail and café products
Self-Employed Personal Trainer benefits:
- Keep 100% of your earnings
- Digital Profile within our Member’s App allowing members direct contact with you
- In-club Marketing Board allowing free advertising of your services
- Personal Development Education included in your license fee
- Access to additional in-house and external education workshops
- Discounted CPD courses with Approved Education Partners
- Optional Business Support and Mentoring
- Discounted Business Tools including PT App Software, Website Design, Videographer and Social Media/Advertising Support
Our team want you to know
You can push your boundaries and put yourself out of your comfort zone, you’ll do things you wouldn’t usually do without fear of being judged if you make mistakes.
Dave, General Manager
It was always made clear from day one that there was always progression if I wanted it. Fitness is my passion, so being able to work in something where you enjoy coming every day to work - it's quite a rare thing.
It's brought me out of my shell a lot more being here. I do have a slight learning difficulty. The managers here are so appreciative of me as a member of staff. They know they can rely on me. They take my disability very seriously, so it does not matter if you have a disability, don't let it stop you from coming to work at Total fitness. We are all like a family and I have made a lot of new friends while being here.
There’s something special about Total Fitness. It’s like a family, there’s a lot of support around you.
Jess, Member Services Team
I really like working for Total Fitness, helping all the people that we've got. We have some fantastic facilities, lots of different ways to workout, encouraging people of all ages and motivations to simply become better everyday