Welcome back to Total Fitness
Read on for more information on what to expect when you visit us.
We're ready for you
We’ve worked hard to ensure you feel safe, comfortable, and able to have a great workout when you visit us. Take a look at the film below to see how we have brought to life the changes we've made.
The safety of our members and staff is our priority which is why we have implemented the below measures to ensure you feel confident when you visit us.
- The introduction of contact-free entry using your membership fob
- Using card/contactless payments only in the club
- Redeployment of our team members to better support members
- A meticulous cleaning procedure, which will include closing clubs one hour early for additional cleaning
- We recommend that you come dressed ready to workout, and where possible, travel home to change/shower. If you do need to use the changing rooms, please ensure you pass through this area as quickly as possible
What does the gym floor look like?
- You don’t have to book to visit the gym floor at Total Fitness, but we do have a number of bookable services available
- All equipment has been re-arranged for social distancing while keeping as much available as possible. The size of our clubs means that there will still be plenty of equipment to use. Any equipment not to be used will be clearly marked
- We have created bookable personal workout spaces in the form of One Zone. Socially distant marked out areas complete with any equipment you need. Simply book your time slot, workout choice of either a Bodyweight or Dumbbell session through the Members App. Available at Altrincham, Hull, Prenton and Wilmslow
How are exercise classes affected?
- We have revised the group exercise class timetable to ensure social distancing measures can be adhered to with an initial 50% capacity limit in place, but due to the size of our studios, there are plenty of spots
- Staggered start/finish times for groups in different studios are in place, with 15 mins between classes to reduce the risk of congestion in the changing rooms, groups forming around the studios, and to enable thorough cleaning between classes
- The government guideline of meeting in groups of no more than six does NOT apply to group exercise classes, so you can book your class as normal
Can I use the pools?
- All pools will be open, but to ensure social distancing can be adhered to and to reduce waiting times, you will need to book a session using the Members App.
- When arriving poolside, you will notice that the Main Pool is split into 3 equal lanes (4 in Wilmslow) to allow for social distancing, where you will be able to swim in a particular direction. There is a lane to suit all abilities with a maximum capacity in each.
- To help maintain social distancing and reduce crowding, please do not go poolside unless you are going into the water. Unless the following applies:
- You are a carer accompanying someone with a disability or special needs
- You are a parent/guardian accompanying a child during a swimming lesson in the small/family pool. No siblings will be allowed poolside with the parent
- Please be aware that children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by their parent/guardian in the pool
- If the above applies, please book a slot even if you are just spectating. Once poolside, please use the seating areas or benches and ensure a minimum of 1+ metre social distancing at all times
- Additional measures from our swim and product partners have been implemented to ensure minimal congestion in the changing and poolside/fitness area
Is anywhere still not available?
- Our squash courts and heat treatment rooms will remain closed for the time being as social distancing measures are tougher to maintain in these areas. We’ll update you as soon as these areas become available again
Can I buy food and drink?
- Where food and drink services are available in our clubs, we are initially offering a reduced menu and takeaway only services
- Face masks must be worn by all customers in café areas within clubs. Where possible, these can be removed once seated at a table