Reopening Total Fitness
Please read below as to what you can expect when we reopen our clubs.
What to expect when we open
With an announcement expected soon regarding a date of when gyms can reopen, we wanted to let you know the changes we have put in place to ensure your club experience is as safe and comfortable as possible, so that you feel supported and are ready to enjoy a varied and effective workout.
We have continued to work alongside the entire fitness sector and UK Active, following their guidelines for safe reopening.
On top of the measures recommended in the UK Active framework, we have committed to the below additional measures to ensure the safety of our members:
- Keeping squash courts and heat treatments closed for the time being as social distancing measures are tougher to retain in these areas
- Redeployment of our team members to better support members and ensure additional cleaning
- A meticulous cleaning procedure
- An initial 50% capacity limit for group exercise classes – still plenty of spots due to the size of our studios, but committing to extra distancing as best we can
- A revised group exercise class timetable to ensure social distancing measures can be adhered to
- Greater than 10 mins between group exercise classes to enable cleaning and reduce the risk of groups forming
- Staggered start/finish times for group exercise classes in different studios to reduce the risk of congestion in the changing rooms
- Additional measures from our swim and product partners to ensure minimal congestion in the changing and poolside/fitness areas
- Using card/contactless payments only in the club
- The introduction of contact-free entry using your membership fob
Your Membership Explained
Here is a reminder about what’s happened to your membership since the closure period on 21st March
- While your club is closed, we’ll automatically freeze your membership for you if you haven’t already done so. No membership fees will be collected during the closure. If you’ve paid for your membership in a lump sum the same applies to you too and we’ll add the time for which we’re closed to the end of your membership subscription
- In terms of your remaining March subscription, we’ll find a way to return this to you and will let you know more as soon as we are back
- Please keep in touch with us and enjoy the home workouts we’ve created to help keep you moving, until we can meet again in club. These can be found in the ‘Workout Hub’ in the Members Area online or via the app. More will be arriving mid-June.
Thanks for making exercise a part of your life - physical and mental resilience has never been more important. It’s been brilliant for us to be able to serve you so far, and we hope we can do so again really soon.
Team Total Fitness
For media enquiries, please contact our PR company direct:
PR Agency One
0161 871 9140